flashcards advice for Dummies!

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Pleco.

I'd like to start using flashcards, can anyone give me advice as for recommended settings to use, I'm finding it difficult to navigate all the options and don't understand how to use them.

I'm about intermediate level and would have about a thousand cards plus to learn.

I'd like to hear what other learners have found works for them! ( with details as to how to configure options settings appreciated!)

Thanks,

Simon

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sundancesprite said:
I'd like to start using flashcards, can anyone give me advice as for recommended settings to use, I'm finding it difficult to navigate all the options and don't understand how to use them.

I'm about intermediate level and would have about a thousand cards plus to learn.

I'd like to hear what other learners have found works for them! ( with details as to how to configure options settings appreciated!)

Since nobody else has chimed in yet: in general the built-in "profiles" are designed to be a good starting point for most people; the main question is whether you'd like to control which cards you study directly (organize them into categories, select one or two of them and review every card in them) or whether you'd like the system to manage that for you by showing you each card at a mathematically-determined optimal interval (SRS). Choose the "Simple" profile for the former and the "Spaced Repetition" profile for the latter - that should set all of the settings to some reasonable defaults.

If you find that neither of them works correctly for you or there's some particular behavior you'd like to change, let me know what the problem is and I'll be glad to offer further advice. Also, be sure to look at the flashcard tutorial since that walks you through a lot of basic stuff like creating / organizing cards.