flashcards have disappeared from tests?

I hadn't reviewed my flashcards for awhile, I went to review and it only had like 3 due. I was surprised, tried a few different categories and same result, each only said a few were due. Picture below:

WechatIMG121.png

I thought maybe the 1/3 was saying that only 3 flashcards were recognized as being in the category. Of course I checked and all the flashcards were there as normal. I tried another category with several hundred flashcards and got this message:
WechatIMG122.png

Im guessing it's only recognizing cards created/added after a particular date. Perhaps I could manually go and delete->re-add the cards and it'd word, but I'd like to avoid that.
I'm using a 1+ 9T if the phone model helps.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are there any “card filters” turned on? Also, check your “card selection” options - is “points per day” set to 100 or something else?

All card filters turned off. Card selection->points per day=100.
I did discover I'd set my new cards per day to 1, but that doesn't explain why I had so few reviews (unless my cards somehow reset and now ALL are new cards).

And......it may be that all my flashcards were reset. Maybe with the latest update? I installed it a couple weeks ago. I reset my new cards per day to 20, and now even my HSK1 deck is treating all cards as new. If there's no way to solve it I'll just reset the new cards to 100 and power through.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Maybe you have more than one scorefile and it's on the wrong one? Check that setting under Scoring.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That does seem like something was reset, then. Did you maybe change devices or restore from a backup or reinstall / upgrade your OS or say yes to a prompt to temporarily uninstall apps to free up space?

Don't think so. Maybe when I updated the app it reset? Or my phone occasionally prompts me to delete garbage to free up space. Maybe it deleted my flashcard backups.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm afraid that's the best explanation I can think of at the moment, unfortunately. If you use Pleco regularly it should prompt you to back up your flashcards once a week, make sure you store those in a safe / separate location (e.g. on a cloud drive). Very sorry for the hassle.