Full Screen Handwritting

sthubbar

榜眼
Wow, 2.0 has tons of feature. I'm overwhelmed.

I'm trying to emulate being able to toggle the full screen handwriting recognition like in 1.0.3. I have finally figured out how to get the small sidebar to show up and be able to do full screen handwriting.

Is it possible to have a button toolbar that will toggle this strip on the right off and on like in 1.0.3?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just tapping on the 入 button should do that, actually - if that doesn't work quite the way you want it to, go into the Toolbar Preferences panel and you can put a dedicated handwriting button in the toolbar through there that should work almost exactly like the 1.0 one did.

sthubbar

榜眼
Nope. :) I guess you didn't understand what I meant, or maybe I didn't understand you suggestion.

Right now, whenever I press the Handwriting or Toggle Input toolbar items, they bring up a full screen input screen that completely hides the dictionary. They have the three different options of Handwiting, Radical, and Keyboard.

In 1.0.3 there also was a full screen Handwriting input screen similar to this, although if I were to tap and hold on the bi3 (handwriting) toolbar itcon it would provide a drop down list I think the choices were "None, Left, Right", whatever, I just selected "Right". Now what happens when I press the bi3 icon is that the handwriting area will just show up on the right and I can still see the dictionary. I can even make the handwriting area be only one character wide and use the full screen to write characters. Now I simply use the bi3 character to toggle this thin 1 character strip on and off.

The taping and holding had be remove in 2.0.1b3 and instead there is a separate preference screen to select this. Unfortunately, using the preference screen, I am able to make the handwriting to show up as a 1 character strip on the right. Unfortunately pressing the handwriting toolbar icon has no affect on this one character strip, it always brings up the full screen, blocking the dictionary, screen.

I can't fine anyway in 2.0.1b3 to easily toggle on and off the 1 character strip.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tap-hold on the button and choose "Right" - that should cause the strip to go away, and after doing that once, that should be the default behavior the next time you tap on the button without tap-holding.

sthubbar

榜眼
OK, got it to work. Tap holding works on the Toggle Input icon. On the Handwriting Icon it has no effect. Maybe 2.0.2 can also have the tap and hold work on the Handwriting, Radical, and Keyboard icons.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That might be tricky given the way those buttons are programmed, actually (took kind of an awkward hack to get them working after we'd switched to the new generic Input screen) but we'll see what we can do.