Getting to the entry where the example sentence is from

rirombo

Hi,

Please excuse me if there is a better place to ask about or request such feature, or if it has already been discussed; I couldn't find any previous threads about this.

I find the "SENTS" tab on the word/character entry very useful, and often consult it to see how a word is used. One shortcoming, however, is that I see no way to go from the example sentence to the entry where it occurs. That would be useful in case there are multiple examples for a certain unknown to me word, which might suggest other related words to the one I'm looking at. For example, the example sentences for 打响 in Guifan dictionary include “她首次在银幕亮相,变一炮打响”, and I would want to be able to click that sentence and be taken to the entry for 一炮打响 where the example is from, rather than having to try to deduce whether the example is from the entry for 银幕, or from one for 亮相, etc. Would it be possible to implement that?

Thank you for your time!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - we've had a few other requests for this by email and it's possible as an off-by-default option (too much clutter to enable for everyone) but not sure when that might happen.