Good site for graded material for use with the reader

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hadn't noticed Clavis had a Palm dictionary now. Interesting that they'd pick that, since they're coding in Java and hence there are other platforms like BlackBerry and Symbian that might be a lot easier for them to support - I suppose thanks to Pleco there are a lot of people studying Chinese and carrying Palms, but marketing-wise that would if anything seem to be an argument against porting to Palm instead of a less-crowded market.

I'm a big fan of user-submitted lessons, though, in fact I'd love to add support for something like that in Pleco 2.1 - not really that hard, just combine a document plus audio plus a flashcard list (all things we already have). It'd work for licensed content too but we haven't had much luck with that on textbooks so far.

ldolse

状元
I didn't even notice the Palm app they're advertising there :roll: ... Just thought the content looked interesting, and it was free. Would be nice to have that sort of thing all packaged up for 2.x, you're right. Who knows, maybe by that time the Chinesepod team might feel like partnering up.... Though honestly with the reader it makes integrating another group's material trivial as long as it's already electronic.