good text option for palm

benzhen

进士
hi. i'm helping my friend set up her palm with pleco and the text files that i use with my pleco on wm are missing the paragraph indent on the reader on palm. this means that every so often, if a paragraph runs to the end of a line the following paragraph is indistinguishable from the previous one. i've been trying to convert into a compatible palm doc on my mac but i don't get chinese characters to display (played with many encodings). any tips???? thanks as always

benzhen

To View Hanzi On A Palm, You'll Need CJKOS Installed.
The Simplified Encoding Would Then Be GB-2312.
The Traditional Encoding Would Be Big5.

Hope This Helps
The Duelist

benzhen

进士
i thought the font system was independent in pleco 2. when i use utf-8 encoding it worked in displaying the characters but it just lacked proper paragraph breaks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Pleco's built-in font system on Palm OS doesn't support tabs, while the system on Windows Mobile does - there are some tricky technical reasons why. So the best solution for this is to separate paragraphs with newlines rather than simply indenting them.

ldolse

状元
Use regex find and replace. Emeditor supports in on Windows, a number of other editors do as well.

Replace \t with \n

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Use a Unicode-friendly text editor (EmEditor is the one we use for most of our document editing work) to open up the document, then do a find-and-replace, enter \t in the Find field and \n in the Replace With field, and click Replace All and that should replace all of the tabs with newlines.

ldolse

状元
In most editors that support it there will be a check-box to enable Regex or Regular Expressions - make sure that button is checked as well.