Help - Flashcards disappeared

I tried installing two of the flashcard lists, abc and the HSK lists. When I was importing the abc list, and the import was nearly complete, I suddenly got an "Unknown error" message. After that I couldn't import and the list. I went to the manage flashcards page, but couldn't open the abc list, presumably because it was incomplete. I therefore deleted it, however now I all my flashcard lists are empty and I can't add new words to the flashcards.
I'm not bothered about retrieving my old lists as I had decided to start new ones anyway, but I want to be able to start new lists and add cards. Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall Pleco assuming I've deleted something major? If not then what?

I am using a HTC touch 2.

Hope someone can help, I have a big exam coming up soon and need all the practice I can get.

David

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
rollingball said:
I tried installing two of the flashcard lists, abc and the HSK lists. When I was importing the abc list, and the import was nearly complete, I suddenly got an "Unknown error" message. After that I couldn't import and the list. I went to the manage flashcards page, but couldn't open the abc list, presumably because it was incomplete. I therefore deleted it, however now I all my flashcard lists are empty and I can't add new words to the flashcards.
I'm not bothered about retrieving my old lists as I had decided to start new ones anyway, but I want to be able to start new lists and add cards. Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall Pleco assuming I've deleted something major? If not then what?

Sounds like a corrupted flashcard database - exit Pleco completely (choose "Quit" from the "Dict" menu), then go into your My Documents folder (in File Explorer) and delete the "PlecoFlash" or "Pleco Flashcard Database" file in there. (if there are more than one, delete them all)

rollingball said:
I am using a HTC touch 2.

Is it a Touch2 or a Touch Pro 2? There's actually a pretty robust port of Android available for the latter, so you could consider re-flashing it to run Android at some point if you'd like to have access to a newer/nicer version of our app (and a lot of other interesting apps).