how to copy chinese text into Pleco Dict

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

I am using biblereader from olivetree.com to read bible on my pda. If I try to copy text from the software to PlecoDict it does not work. Is there a way to get that working?

I am using Monster Chinese on my PDA for Chinese outside PlecoDict.

A similar problem appears when I try to copy text from a note (written on my Desktop's Outlook) and copy that to a Word Document on my PDA. The result is a bit different but it is not Chinese as well ...

any ideas would be appreciated.

Edit: I am German and thus have a German PDA (Dell Axim X51V - newest ROM - 04 I think - the German number is much lower than the english one ... should be the same as 11 or 12?) - just in case that is important

Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Try pasting the text into an intermediate application (say, Pocket Word), then copying it out of there and pasting it into PlecoDict; you might have better luck that way. We haven't yet been able to figure out why Chinese text copying works in some applications but not in others; we use the standard Microsoft-documented method for pulling text out of the clipboard but in a lot of cases the text just doesn't seem to be there.

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Bringing up this topic again since it annoyed me once more.

When I copy text from biblereaders chinese version I do get text into pleco but it is not readable and it is not chinese characters. When I copy the text to Word I do see the same characters. I agree that this means that is basically not a Pleco problem. But I think there might still be a solution in Pleco?

Would be great if you could look into that. biblereader and the chinese bible translation are both free and can be downloaded from: http://www.olivetree.com/store/product. ... ctid=16728

regards
Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
With the CUV Bible, since it's public-domain you can just open it up in the Pleco 2.0 document reader - no need to copy-and-paste anything. Do an internet search for a text file version of it (lots of them floating around), put that .txt file on your handheld, then open it up using the Pleco document reader and you can look up words however you like.

If it's important to you to be able to copy text out of your bible reader app directly into Pleco, though, I'm not sure what the problem might be with that - everything on Windows Mobile should be in Unicode. Are there any other bible reader apps for WM that you could try? Perhaps one of them uses a more standard text encoding in its clipboard clippings.