How to delete 1.0

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
On Windows Mobile you'd delete all of the "PlecoDict" (and not just "Pleco") items in the Start / Settings / System Remove Programs screen - that'll get rid of 1.0. (make sure it's completely exited first, by going into Start / Settings / System / Memory and exiting it if it's listed in Running Programs)

I'm assuming the original poster meant to write that he installed 2.0 and now needs to get rid of 1.0. I'm in the same boat.

Are we sure that getting rid of all the entries related to plecodict on my 'remove programs' menu (ie. PlecoDict Song Font, PlecoDict Oxford E+C Dictionary and PlecoDict Engine) won't interfere with 2.0's functionality?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Nope, the files are all under different folder names so that shouldn't affect 2.0 at all - any file installed in such a way as to create that Remove Programs entry would have to be under \\Program Files\PlecoDict, \\Storage Card\Program Files\PlecoDict, or \\Storage Card\(some PlecoDict package name), and unless you manually moved them there there's no way any 2.0 files would be stored in any of those locations.

Ok how about Palm OS, does it has any advantadge in NOT deleting Pleco 1.0 ? My sd card is only 512 mb on a Treo 680. Or If I get a 1 GB memory card, how do I transfer all of the data, just by copying it ??? or I have to do anything special ?

Fernandosq said:
... My sd card is only 512 mb on a Treo 680. Or If I get a 1 GB memory card, how do I transfer all of the data, just by copying it ??? or I have to do anything special ?
If You Get A Larger SD Card,
Just Transfer The Old Folders/Files Across,
Then Plug it in.

renovator

榜眼
How about the Pleco Converter? That still remains on the mobile after 1.0 is removed. Is this Program still needed or may be needed for something in the future? What is best way to remove this if no longer required?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's no need for it after you've upgraded to 2.0 - if you installed the software manually you can get rid of it through Start / Settings / Remove Programs, with the Automated installer there's not yet any way to uninstall individual components (it's on our to-do list) so for right now you'd want to delete that via File Explorer (delete the PlecoConverter items in \\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and \\Program Files\Pleco).

renovator

榜眼
mikelove said:
There's no need for it after you've upgraded to 2.0 - if you installed the software manually you can get rid of it through Start / Settings / Remove Programs, with the Automated installer there's not yet any way to uninstall individual components (it's on our to-do list) so for right now you'd want to delete that via File Explorer (delete the PlecoConverter items in \\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and \\Program Files\Pleco).

Then once that is done also need to go through ActiveSync to Windows>StartMenu>Programs and remove the shortcut to PlecoConverter or only the program will have been removed but the Icon will still show up in the program files.