How to include sample sentences in flashcard answer

Ozraiel

Hello guys,

A while back I bought the basic bundle for Android, after using the free version for couple of years. I think the app is worth every penny.

I'm using Pleco as my main flashcard platform, where I add new words directly from the dictionary entries.

At the moment, my flashcards are setup up for English meaning to be the question, and the Chinese as the answer.

I was wondering if there is anyway to show the example sentences, along the Chinese, in the answer (just like it shows in the dictionary entry)?

I tried to play with the setting, and was never successful.

I appreciate any help I can get.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Go into the "Display" section of New Test and set "definition sections" to "definition + examples."

Ozraiel

Thanks Mike.

Unfortunately, doing so would show the example sentences on both the question and answer cards.

It's better than nothing, but it would be great if there a way to show the example sentences on the answer card only.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, understood. The best way to get at those would probably be to tap on the headword afterwards to select it, then tap on the button with four expanding arrows to bring that up in a separate definition screen.