How to pay for stroke order?

ozajicek

Hello,
First, thank you for this great software. I have installed iphone pleco and transferred my old license. Works good.

But now, I would like to use a STROKE ORDER functionality.
I found ADD-ONS, then I click BUY NOW, I also click BUY in "Confirm Your In App Purchase", fill iTunnes password and then "THIS IS NOT A TEST USER ACCOUNT. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment." appears. What should I do?

Also, I cannot use DEMO. After DEMO installation, nothing new in app.

Please, can you help me with this?

Thank you

Andrew

i too found nothing new after i downloaded the demo stroke order. is there a way to see the demo? i haven' tried to purchase yet so i can't comment on the above post. but i did try the demo so far to no avail.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually a bug - there is no way to demo the stroke order at the moment, but you're supposed to see a different message ("Pre-download" instead of "Download Trial") in those cases. We'll fix it in the soon-to-be-submitted bug-fix update. (and add stroke order demo support in a later one)

That sandbox error probably has to do with the fact that your iPhone is jailbroken - that doesn't necessarily cause it to stop working by itself, but there seems to be some check done to look for specific apps / utilities which might be used to install pirated or cracked / hacked software; if you have such a utility installed, try uninstalling it and rebooting your iPhone and see if that helps.

ozajicek

Yes, my iPhone is jailbroken. The reason is not to install pirated software, but to install apps, which are missing in the original system.
But still, I found a solution to pay for add-ons.

I uninstalled all DEMO ADD-ONs, then the payment worked correctly and I can use Stroke Order now.

ciaocibai

进士
Hi Mike,

A friend of mine just got an iPod (which is jailbroken), and was trying to help him install Pleco when we came across this error when he was trying to buy the professional bundle. We deleted all the files like ozajicek tried, but still no luck installing. I had a look on his iPod to see if I could find any other apps to do with jailbreaking, but apart from the cydia store, there isn't really anything.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Not jailbreaking isn't really an option as he uses some special software to enable GPS via bluetooth on his iPod touch...

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Did you uninstall the Cydia store? Try doing that, then reboot (turn off by holding down the power button, then turn back on) the phone and see if that gets in-app purchase working correctly. You might also want to uninstall Pleco along with uninstalling Cydia, and before you uninstall Cydia, check to see if it's installed a utility called "AppSync" and make sure you uninstall that too. After uninstalling everything and powering off / on, go into the main iPhone Settings screen / Store, sign out of / sign back into your iTunes account, then re-download Pleco and see if it then lets you purchase add-ons.

(we've contacted Apple with a proposed workaround for this that doesn't require any engineering effort on their end but does require their approval, but we're still waiting to hear back from them about it)

ciaocibai

进士
Thanks for the quick response Mike.

Holy Christ, if you don't mind my saying, that was a HUGE pain in the neck - but success!

Hopefully Apple let you set up that work around, I don't know if I could be bothered doing that again. But hopefully I can get a few more friends on to Pleco ;-)

Fingers cross everything works correctly now, it's downloading as we speak!

I came across this thread because I had Cydia installed as part of my friend unlocking my first-gen iPhone. Indeed AppSync is the problem. This is the minimum required:

In Cydia, press the Manage tab.
Select Packages.
Select AppSync.
Press Modify button.
Press Remove.
Confirm as required.

Delete Pleco.
Reinstall Pleco from the App Store.

- Dennis