How to Search Flashcards

Peppers

I've been using Pleco for a year now and I have unsuccessfully tried to figure out how to search my flashcards many times. I have no idea how to use the search page. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for me to enter my search term. The entire flashcard search page is very technical-looking and far less intuitive than the other parts of the app that I've used. I found another post where someone had a similar question, but the answer mentions setting a "field" value -- however, I don't see "field" anywhere on the flashcard search page.

Shun

状元
Hi Peppers,

if you choose the headword field and Compare with the tilde ~, you will be able to search flashcards for your input. Make sure you only have one search criterion, otherwise tap "Remove field" for the second criterion.

One thing I am missing, since the headword is in Hanzi, is the ability to enter the Hanzi using Pleco’s own handwriting recognition. Right now, one has to resort to the OS’s Chinese input method. Perhaps this wasn’t doable because of memory constraints—I do not know.

I’ve heard that sometime in the future, we will have an "Expert mode" and a Non-expert one. Perhaps the Non-expert mode will come with a single search field that works like a search engine.

Hope this helps,

Shun

Last edited: