How to search text in the document reader

Is there a way to search the text of a file in the document reader? What I want to do is create a text file with all of my grammar notes in it and when I want to look something up I could just search the text file for the correct sentence. I guess I am imagining something like hitting ctrl+f on a computer.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
neocarbunkle said:
Is there a way to search the text of a file in the document reader? What I want to do is create a text file with all of my grammar notes in it and when I want to look something up I could just search the text file for the correct sentence. I guess I am imagining something like hitting ctrl+f on a computer.

Not yet, but it's on our to-do list - most likely for Pleco 2.4.

mikelove said:
neocarbunkle said:

Not yet, but it's on our to-do list - most likely for Pleco 2.4.

Mike, how are you doing on implementing the ability to search text in the document reader? ... really need this feature ... or is it there already? ...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tianjinpete said:
Mike, how are you doing on implementing the ability to search text in the document reader? ... really need this feature ... or is it there already? ...

It's coming, but it probably won't be in the next big update; to be honest, we're really just trying to get that finished / nailed down so that we can get back to a more regular update schedule, and while this is a fairly popular feature request it's not integral enough to the other stuff we're doing (new dictionaries / overhauled UI and stuff to support them) to justify delaying that release to add it.

Alexis said:
The current version of Pleco is 2.2

Yep, which is why I said 2.4 - not the next big update but the one after that. (but there won't be nearly as long of a delay between 2.3 and 2.4 as there has been between 2.2 and 2.3, since we're not planning on supporting any other new platforms anytime soon)