how to show iPhone's status bar?

I've tried toggling Settings>General>Hide Status Bar, but the app always hides the iPhone's status bar. Is there some way to fix this? I'd especially like to be able to see my iPhone's status bar while using flashcards.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's a separate setting for that in flashcards, since normally we leave the bar visible in the main dictionary but hide it in flashcards - Settings / Flashcards / Hide status bar.

OK, thanks, that worked. I should make it clear, though, that the status bar outside flashcards was not visible even though I had set Settings>General>Hide Status Bar=OFF. Once I set Settings>Flashcards>Hide status bar=OFF then the status bar became visible in the dictionary as well as in flashcards.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you have a flashcard session running in the background then the bar-hiding setting for that takes precedence - workaround for a bug which would take a ton of effort to fix.

OK, that explains it. When I noticed I didn't see the status bar in the app, I couldn't remember if it had always been invisible or not.