How to use flashcards on Android

sinolog

Sunny greetings!

Just wondered, if anyone could tell me how to use the flashcards in the paid Android version. Is it normal, that I can only look at a word-list, but not actually test myself? Neither can I create categories...
Is this feature simply not yet up and running?

Thanks for your help and 祝好 from summery Zurich
Matthias

Felth

秀才
Flashcards aspect on android has still not been released. If you look at the other flashcard topics you can find more info.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
justinrp97 said:
Just wondering if you have an eta on the next beta release that will include flashcards.

Nope; unfortunately, flashcards are a pretty low priority testing-wise because the difficult code for them was written years ago, so the most important areas for the next beta are actually much more boring things like the screen for downloading / buying / updating dictionaries. (something that most users spend a grand total of 2 minutes in, but it's actually more code than the flashcard test session interface, and it has to work perfectly or people can't use their software and we don't get paid)

Felth

秀才
Just wondering if there is already or will be an input list option to the flashcard program. Say I i have lists made in an excel document that I'd like to add. I see it can export but just curious if it will have an import button?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Felth said:
Just wondering if there is already or will be an input list option to the flashcard program. Say I i have lists made in an excel document that I'd like to add. I see it can export but just curious if it will have an import button?

Yes, just as on iOS you'll be able to import from a tab-delimited text file (easy export from Excel) - already working in our current prototype.

Will there be any problems importing flaschards from my Windows Mobile device? I created over 1200 flashcards and sometimes added definitions from the Oxford or ACE dictionaries. I hope there won't be any problems displaying these?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
Will there be any problems importing flaschards from my Windows Mobile device? I created over 1200 flashcards and sometimes added definitions from the Oxford or ACE dictionaries. I hope there won't be any problems displaying these?

The Oxford ones will need to remapped - even after Oxford is out for iOS and Android (hopefully soon), the entry IDs won't translate since we're using a completely new set of data files from them (and a new edition of the dictionary). But you can get them remapped quite easily with the "remap" function in the "batch" screen. ACE-based flashcards should link to PLC without any problems since those two use the same entry IDs.