Import entries to specific list (2.0)

manchucka

Is there a way to import entries into a specific list. I've just installed the excellent fruit list that someone posted and was forced to manually move these from "uncategorized" to my new list that I created, "fruit." As there were only 50 or so entries, this only took about a minute of tapping the "+" button over and over, and I must say, this is not a minute that I demand back. However, I hesitate to add any list over, say, 100 entries in fear of tapping my mind to a state from which I will never recover. Surely there is an easier way.

manchucka said:
Is there a way to import entries into a specific list. I've just installed the excellent fruit list that someone posted and was forced to manually move these from "uncategorized" to my new list that I created, "fruit." As there were only 50 or so entries, this only took about a minute of tapping the "+" button over and over, and I must say, this is not a minute that I demand back. However, I hesitate to add any list over, say, 100 entries in fear of tapping my mind to a state from which I will never recover. Surely there is an easier way.
Hi Manchucka

To Import Entries Into A Specific Flashcard List,
I Think You Can Set The Default Category On The 'Manage Flashcards' Screen.

Another Way You Could Have Assigned All Of The Uncategorized Cards To A Category X,
Is Through:
'Manage Flashcards -> Batch'
-> Apply Changes To' Search Results
-> Add Category X

Hope This Helps
The Duelist

It's very easy to import into specific lists. Export a list and look at the export file, it will show you how to specify a specific list.

You can also specify group AND list, so that you get a hierarchy, sort of like "Class->Chapter..."

radioman

状元
Thought I would put this comment/questions under this topic.

I have been fooling around with sentences, and I know Pleco, while supporting them, is not currently optimized within the flashcard system. I did not want to use the reader, but rather the flashcard system to gain the repetition benefits the flashcard module provides.

1) If I make a list in excel, I can put in the Hanzi, as well as the definition. But if I do not have the pronunciation entered. I am wondering if there is a way in flashcards where the annotation can be applied to the provided Hanzi to provide the pronunciation to the cards. I have been fooling around with ZDT for this as well, but was having problems with ZDT, so thought I would ask.

EDIT: Looks like I got ZDT working, but still interested in if Pleco can provide the annotation. :D

2) Also, for the headword, is there anyway, to control the size of that font with the Palm device? I wanted it to be larger, but for the sentences, it is too large if I just use the "Magnify headword" settings.

ipsi

状元
Not sure what you mean by annotate - do you mean you want to provide a sentence and have Pleco fill in the pronunciation for you? Not going to work - there's too many different pronounciations out there for it to be easy... e.g. 得 has 3 different pronounciations. How is rhe software to know which to use? Also 着 which has at least 4.

And Palm has 2 font sizes: Small and Large. There's no way to alter the font size, as far as I'm aware. There are hacks for it, but I don't see them working with Pleco

radioman

状元
My thought was it would be easier than doing it manually, even if there was some housekeeping required after the fact. ZDT puts in the pronunciation, and yes, there are some that come up wrongly selected. However, one could then modify the card manually if it is wrong (which would I admit require the user to know what the right pronunciation was). For instance 了comes up as "liao", when most of the time I want "le" maybe some dropdown box option to select different or set priority.

So I now have 80 sentences with this problem of inaccurate pronunciation for some of the words, I will see how it goes with my needing to manually modify.

OK on the fonts, figured as much.

ipsi said:
Not sure what you mean by annotate - do you mean you want to provide a sentence and have Pleco fill in the pronunciation for you? Not going to work - there's too many different pronounciations out there for it to be easy... e.g. 得 has 3 different pronounciations. How is rhe software to know which to use? Also 着 which has at least 4.

And Palm has 2 font sizes: Small and Large. There's no way to alter the font size, as far as I'm aware. There are hacks for it, but I don't see them working with Pleco