Importing .txt files as individual flashcard catagories?

driftwork

秀才
I'm sorry to be asking this but I'm having problems importing flashcard files.

The file in question is all the books from the 'Practical Audio Visual Chinese' series uploaded (very generously) and set up on one long .txt file.

I then took this file and divided it into book chapters: (EX PAVC 1-01)

My intention was to import each chapter of each book and set them up as individual flashcard categories.

The idea being that I can study each chapter individually and gradually include more and more chapters into the flashcard cycle by check-marking subsequent chapter categories.

I created a separate .txt file for each of the book chapters and went >modules >open flashcards>import>choose file>start

I thought that it would set up a category for each .txt file automatically using the title of that file as the title of the category. (in this case PAVC1-01)

Instead, its adding the entries .....I don't know where?

Can anyone point to the link describing how to get this done so that each individual text file that I upload appears as a separate flashcard category. (EX: PAVC1-01, PAVC1-02 etc.....)

I used to know how to do this but have plumb forgotten and can't seem to find it in the manual.

Thanks in advance

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Edit each file so that the first line looks like:

// (name of file)

That'll get Pleco to group the cards in that file into a category with that name. Though adding an option to automatically stick cards from files without category headers in a category with the same name as the file is an interesting idea...