installing both pleco1 and 2

tianli

举人
I was not aware that was a need to keep version 1 when installing to version 2 and I thought it a good opportunity to reset my TX to factory as a way of removing any dead-wood ...now when activating plecocvt I am faced with the message ...

This utility can only be run on a system with PlecoDict 1.0.3 already installed and run at least once.

I will remedy this but is there any need/reason to keep version 1 afterwards??
Does anyone have a reason for operating both 1 and 2 that I might want to consider??

ta.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The flashcard converter needs 1.0 since it's converting flashcards from 1.0 to 2.0 format, but 2.0 itself does not rely on any 1.0 data files, so once you've converted your flashcards you can delete all of the 1.0 stuff. (and if you aren't converting flashcards you don't need to bother reinstalling 1.0 at all)

tianli

举人
I see there is a similar thread in pleco1 but I am on palm. After converting my flashcards, am I right to delete all internal files with a plecodict name to remove all of pleco1.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, the "PlecoDict" files are all from 1.0 so you can delete them to remove 1.0 without affecting 2.0.