Interface question

Hi there,

I have been searching the settings for over half an hour and also haven't found anything in the manual either. What do I have to change in the settings for displaying all the results, not only 家 but also 家人, 家务 and so on.?

interface.jpg

Thanks a lot, Michael.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
I have been searching the settings for over half an hour and also haven't found anything in the manual either. What do I have to change in the settings for displaying all the results, not only 家 but also 家人, 家务 and so on.?

interface.jpg

Settings / Dictionary / Result Display / 1-char for 1-char; turn that off. Or, tap-hold on a particular character and choose "Show Neighboring Entries" to see words that begin with it, or "Copy Word to Search Field" to start another search with just that character.

Yeah, I tried that, but now I know why it didn't change anything. It only works with two syllable characters. When searching for a single syllable character, other words don't show up in the entry list (probably there is a simple and logical explanation for this, but I just don't see it).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
Yeah, I tried that, but now I know why it didn't change anything. It only works with two syllable characters. When searching for a single syllable character, other words don't show up in the entry list (probably there is a simple and logical explanation for this, but I just don't see it).

Sorry, looks like there's actually a bug in this for character searches (though not for Pinyin ones) - turn off "split incomplete" in Input Processing and that will work around it. We'll fix this in 2.3.2.