Introduction to Classical Chinese

There is an interesting introduction to Classical Chinese posted on the Chinese Notes website at: http://chinesenotes.com/classical_chinese.php

Below is an offline version of this text I prepared for use with Pleco Reader. I merged all the subpages into a single file, converted the Chinese characters to their traditional forms and made some formatting adjustments that make it more readable (enlarge the Chinese characters and use the XinGothic-Pleco font for them, get rid of the extra borders and use a Solarized background color instead of the purple one).

I also experimented with generating a PDF of it but Pleco Reader seems to handle it better as HTML. Note that this file has embedded dictionary pop-ups: every Chinese character is a hyperlink, so if you want to use Pleco for dictionary lookup, make sure to set Tap Lookups to Enabled for Text and Links in the Reader settings (clockwork) menu.

You don't really need to copy the images, just the .html file but I'm providing them for completeness.

The license is CC-BY-SA 3.0/4.0 (different pages on the website state it differently). The copyright note:
Copyright Fo Guang Shan Nan Tien Institute 佛光山南天大學 2013-2015, www.nantien.edu.au.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Introduction to Classical Chinese.zip
    120.6 KB · Views: 819