iOS 4 crash problem

gjerlov

Hi,

I realize that iOS 4 is not officially released, but there has been a GM seed released, which I installed last night. The Pleco currently available crashes when I try to enter my registration ID.

Any tips? Other that wait until June 21?

Best!
Anders

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Wait until June 21st is all I can tell you, unfortunately - we've already fixed the bug (or worked around it, it's actually a bug in OS 4 that Apple doesn't seem to have gotten around to fixing), and we'll be submitting an OS4-compatible version of Pleco to Apple the first day they start taking OS4-optimized app submissions, but that version likely won't be available in iTunes until the 21st. If OS 4 weren't coming out until July we probably would have put out an intermediate, non-OS4-but-fixing-this-bug release before then, but with OS4 coming out so soon we didn't want to have to go through a second update immediately after that first one to enable OS4-specific improvements like multitasking and high-resolution icons.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If your iPhone is jailbroken, however (as I assume it is if you're running an unreleased OS build), we could set you up with a beta copy of the update; email or PM me if that's the case. (same goes for anyone else with OS 4)

gjerlov

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My iPhone is no longer jailbroken. I am a developer too, and needed to install the iOS 4 for my own development, but had waited until they got to the GM release. I hoped they would have squashed the bugs :-/

Guess I'll be without Pleco until your update goes through...

Best!
Anders

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually we've still got a few non-jailbroken beta-testing slots, and it'd be nice to get a couple of other eyes on this actually running on OS 4 - is your phone new enough to support multitasking? If it is, and if you don't mind sending me an email if you encounter any serious bugs in the next day or two, send me your UDID and I'll send you a copy of the next build. (again, same goes for anyone else in this situation assuming we don't run out of slots)