Is it possible to get Pleco to run through a web-browser?

Carwyn

I have a translation exam next month, it is a computer based one so we are allowed to use on-line and computer based resources, but we can not use phones/tablets as they can't be monitored and can be used to communicate with the outside world.

Like many people Pleco has become a go to app for me when translating things, especially the document browser and the multiple-dictionaries I have access too, so I was wondering if there was a way to get around the limitations of my exam by using Pleco on the computer. This wouldn't be against the rules, we are just not permitted to communicate with other people in the exam.

alanmd

探花
Re: Is it possible to get Pleco to run through a web-browser

There is a way to run the Android version of Pleco inside an Android virtual machine- There should be some info on how to do it somewhere in the forum.

gabor

探花
Re: Is it possible to get Pleco to run through a web-browser

Only one way I know of:
1. Jailbreak
2. Install Veency from Cydia and setup password
3. Install some VNC viewer on home PC and test connection to device
4. Install remote control server on home PC, browser-based, such as logmein
5. Remote connect to PC (through logmein) and from PC to Pleco (through VNC)
:shock:

强烈支持!

I let my phone go for a swim recently and I'm really starting to get tired of waiting for MDBG or whatever it's called, etc to load...
a desktop variant would be lovely

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Could happen this year if Apple announces some sort of iOS / Mac OS convergence at WWDC; the 'mirror image' WW/MM in this year's logo is rather suggestive, I think.