Know the categories of a flashcard

Discussion in 'Future Products' started by Miguel, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Miguel

Miguel 状元

Would it be possible to get directly to the 'Card Info' section without having to add a word to my default category? I check very often the 'Categories' tab and it is not so fast and sometimes I end up deleting or adding cards by mistake.
    For example, I have a default category, 'vocabulary', and these flashcards show in the dictionary with a full squared + symbol. Flashcards from other categories show with a dotted + symbol. Many times I want to know to which category one word belongs to (specially with the HSK ones) and to know that I have to press the + button, put that card inside of the vocabulary category, tap + again and then I get the 'Duplicate Card' message where I can check the 'Card Info'. I check the categories and then I have to delete that card from the 'vocabulary' category. I would say this is the main reason why I 'lose' cards from my HSK categories :oops:
    I don't know if it's possible to do right now but it would be great to have a faster workaround :)

2. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

Yes, set the behavior both "duplicate" options in Settings / Flashcards to "Card Info" and you'll then get that behavior.

But if you just want to know about category memberships, it's probably easier to use tags - long-press the name of a category in Organize and there's an option to add a tag (abbreviation + color) to it, do that and that tag will show up in the definition screen for any words in that category.

Miguel likes this.
  3. Miguel

Miguel 状元

Thanks, Mike. Sorry, I didn't know about the colored tags. That just works perfectly fine for me! :)
    I want to keep the duplicate behavior as it is because sometimes I want to have those duplicated cards.

4. Miguel

Miguel 状元

Is there any way to show the tags in the Popup definitions?

5. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

No, but FWIW that's already implemented for 4.0.

6. Miguel

Miguel 状元

Do you mean Pleco 4.0? Is it coming soon?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  7. mikelove

mikelove 皇帝 Staff Member

That's still unclear, but we keep backporting useful bits of it to 3.x, so there's a good chance it'll show up in a minor update even if it's officially a 4.0 feature.

Miguel likes this.