menu button greyed out

michaji

Hi, I just installed Pleco in my new iPad 2 and when i am in the main screen, the menu button is greyed out, so it doesnt work, tried to go through all the settings, and searched this forum, but couldnt find any solution to this. isnt the menu button supposed to be working all the time, for easy access to flashcards, manual, add-ons etc . . . ? Thanks for any help in this.

Micha

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
michaji said:
Hi, I just installed Pleco in my new iPad 2 and when i am in the main screen, the menu button is greyed out, so it doesnt work, tried to go through all the settings, and searched this forum, but couldnt find any solution to this. isnt the menu button supposed to be working all the time, for easy access to flashcards, manual, add-ons etc . . . ? Thanks for any help in this.

That's because the keyboard is open - close the keyboard and you'll then be able to access the menu button.

michaji

That's because the keyboard is open - close the keyboard and you'll then be able to access the menu button.[/quote]

Ah, I see . . . I didn't notice this because i am using the external wireless apple keyboard, so even though there is no keyboard on the screen, the button is still greyed out.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
michaji said:
Ah, I see . . . I didn't notice this because i am using the external wireless apple keyboard, so even though there is no keyboard on the screen, the button is still greyed out.

Ah, that would be a confusing - we'll see if we can keep the menu button active in those cases in the next update, though it may mean a bit of weird behavior (input being dismissed when you return to the dictionary, e.g.).