mikelove in China

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Greetings all,

It looks like I'm going to be in Beijing from the 17th to the 20th, Shanghai from the 24th-26th and Hong Kong from the 28th-30th, and while this is much too last-minute for me to plan an official Pleco meetup, I'd be happy to meet with people informally in any of those places. (and if you ask really nicely you might even get to try out the soon-to-be-released OCR add-on)

So send me a note (mikelove@pleco.com) if you'd like to try to arrange something / be kept informed.

Happy Zhongqiujie (ish),

--mikelove

sburkle

So, just curious but what're you doing between Beijing 17-20 and Shanghai 24-26? Just asking, because I'm in Xi'an and it's a nice place to visit between the two.

Sarevok

进士
I am currently in Tianjin and thus can be in Beijing in less than an hour. If there is something like an informal Pleco meetup, I'll certainly be interested...

Sarevok said:
I am currently in Tianjin and thus can be in Beijing in less than an hour. If there is something like an informal Pleco meetup, I'll certainly be interested...

Saraevok & Mike: I'm also in Tianjin. It's a 30 minute bullet train from Beijing South Station.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I probably should have sent out an email to the announcement list on this - forgot how ineffective Twitter and Facebook are at reaching people in China :) - but trying to maybe set up something small on Sunday; more to follow (hopefully).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like probably Sunday evening rather than earlier in the day, though I'm still not clear when / where exactly... sorry for doing this all so haphazardly.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Doesn't seem like much of a Beijing meetup is going to come together, unfortunately - really should have planned this farther in advance - but I'll try to do something more organized the next time I'm in town; thanks, all.