Monster Chinese/SIP

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Suddenly my Monster Sip claims to be expired and wants me to register. I am sure that I am using it for more than a month and I got a registration code (was hard work - since they claim that it is not possible to do it with a german PDA even in fact it is possible) I did not change the username of the pda ... just in case someone thinks that ...

The Message is: "The program was expired! Please register the program."

Since I am a Chinese learner not an expert it is really difficult to find out where I can put in the code as all forums about that are in Chinese. Maybe someone here can help me? Opening the only Mactiontech related task under programs (Monster Chinese) results in a Window without possibility to interact and just some chinese characters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

Buzzey

I had this problem too and can't remember exactly how to solve it, but if you still have the authorization code go to settings->input->monster sip -> options and it should ask you for the code. Once you re-enter it, everything should work again.

If you don't have the code, you should contact the seller for it (although Monster support here in Taiwan is terrible and I could not find anyone who speaks English).

I hope this helps, but like I said I can't remember exactly as it was a while ago.

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Well - it does not ask for the code - even I still have it.
I guess I will have to wait till I reinstall my whole PDA ...

Yeah - the support is not really too good. They are trying to be nice though. They gave me a new code for the software even mine was only an old version (and OEM for HP). The internet price of the software is way higher than in Taiwan. So I had someone buy the software for me - as I am back in Germany. This guy however bought this odd version.

On the other hand they did not tell me that the internet form where you choose your country only is about the language of the next page. I think it does not matter what language your PDA has ... at least my German PDA can use Monster SIP when I use the english page.

regards
Daniel

goulniky

榜眼
I am having what looks like the same problem with MonsterChinese. I installed it ages ago and never got any of the IMEs it to work, but otherwise got the fonts to load, even my agenda summary on the WM5 splashscreen have 上午、下午 and the date in Chinese.
So yesterday I decided to buy from their website in Taiwan, cost me a little over 20 Euros, got a registration code, removed it from my smartphone and re-installed both MonsterChinese and a couple of SIPs.
It worked fine, I could enter pinyin, predictive wasn't too bad, though I had no possibility to enter the registration code, the 注册 (register) button being disabled on the Input/Options/Monster SIP screen, and no such button on the MonsterChinese screen.
Didn't matter until I tried to use it again, to no avail. Monster SIP does appear on the input popup but selecting it is ignored, always goes back to one of the other choices.
Before I send Maction an email (better do it in Chinese it seems), I was wondering if anybody had had the same issue, and how to address.
I will uninstall and re-install, see what happens, but I'm unwilling to re-initialize my machine. If I do I may actually install the WM6 upgrade recently made available by HTC though.
Mike, I also wanted to know whether there could be possible interactions with Pleco? It might be a coincidence but other than a reset, that's the only app anywhere close to a Chinese sub-system where I noticed the issue today.

goulniky

榜眼
Additional question, it may be that MonsterChinese "thinks" it's already been registered, I was looking at the registry but couldn't find anything under Software/Maction Tech/ or Software/Apps/Maction * any idea where to look?

goulniky

榜眼
Well, uninstalling, then re-installing MonsterChinese and SIP do seem to work, though I still can't register. Tried with Pleco, no problem there, could input through the IME. Opera fine too, maybe it's subsequent resets that mess it all up?
Incidentally, emails to service@mactiontech.com don't work, their support is online