Multiple flashcard database files...

thph2006

进士
Hi, After upgrading from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 on Windows Mobile 6.1 on program startup I started getting the message "Multiple flashcard database files were found on your system... the alert is asking me to look for and remove any extra database files. I searched for file names starting with pleco and found two with the name Pleco Flashcards, one 3MB file in My Device\My Documents and another 32KB file in My Storage\My Documents. I deleted the smaller file and restarted Pleco but still got the multiple file message. Searching now only finds the one file in My Device\My Documents. Anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks, tom

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... anything inside of \\Program Files\Pleco? What about on your SD card (if you have one), anything on there, maybe inside of another Pleco or My Documents folder?

sfrrr

状元
Suggestion: don't just search on the flashcard set's filename. It may be called something like 1234564472048574391009.pdb (or whatever the flashcard extension is).

thph2006

进士
Problem Solved: Multiple flashcard database files...

Thanks to sfrrr I did a search using the extension instead of file name and found three files. Two were called Pleco Flashcards of which one was in \My Storage\My Documents (My Storage is the secondary flash). The other was on My Device (the program flash). I got rid of the older one and the program stopped complaining. The third file called \My Storage\Pleco\Radical_Dict.pqb seems to coexist ok with the Pleco Flashcards file.

Two oddities:
1. I made no changes and created no new flashcard databases between the last time I used flashcards on 2.0.3 and when the upgrade to 2.0.4 was made yet after the upgrade the program started complaining when it never had before.

2. A search for "Pleco Flashcards" didn't uncover the extra file but doing a search on the extension did. Weird. At any rate problem solved.

sfrrr

状元
As you might have gathered, I had the multiple files problem a few times with previous releases. I can't remember what triggered them, but it MIGHT have been that the PDA froze while I was using PlecoDict and when I rebooted (soft reset), I had a duplicate file. That, however, may not have been the cause. Whatever it was, I haven't suffered from this for at least a year, so not only did my PDA become more stable (I probably switched to a different brand), but I imagine Mike changed the code along the way.