Multiple SRS sessions

OK, so I've been to the manual and I'm still not clear about this: I have different batches of words and I would like to be testing them separately. Should I be creating new profiles for this?

Every time I exit a test will allow me to pick up where I left off? I'm just not clear if when I create a new test is it starting everything from scratch again. Is there anyway to get it to remind me about testing different sets?

For example: I have one set of words from a set of texs that I would like to test separately from the HSK six vocabulary.

Thanks.

pdwalker

状元
Why do you want to test separately?

Anyway, here is one suggestion. Assuming with both lists of words that you are using the same score file, and testing the same things - why not set up two identical test profiles, but each profile selects a different category?

I'm assuming here that both your word lists are stored in separate categories. E.g. HSK6 and MyTestText.

When you start a test, it'll just pick up where it left off without problem.

I want to test separately so that when I go back to read a set of texts that I'm able to revise these words again first before rereading the text. That way I'm reinforcing their context which I think is really important. I'll try your suggestion for multiple profiles.

pdwalker

状元
The use of categories is helpful when you only want to focus on specific words you are interested in. I do that for my Chinese lessons. If' I'm pressed for time, I'll only select the categories of words I know I am going to be tested on to make sure I am familiar with those ones first before going back to selecting all of them.