New flashcard default score?

Hi,

How do I tell Pleco what score I want a new flashcard to have, say, if I create if from the within the reader?

I've looked through all the options twice, but obviously I'm missing something. Currently new cards have a score of 100 - I think that I specified this many months ago, but I have no idea how I did this.

Help?

Douglas

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's actually not configured anywhere, all new cards are created with a score of 100; we've had very few requests to be able to customize this, surprisingly enough, so we haven't added an option to.

Many of the things you might want to do with a default score can be done in other ways, though - is there a particular reason why you'd like to use a different default score for those new cards?

> all new cards are created with a score of 100

Ah. I was beginning to wonder if this was the case.

> is there a particular reason why you'd like to use a different default score

I typically add about a hundred cards, learn them, then delete them. I'm not a person who creates a big library of cards.

When I'm working with those 100 cards I work with sets of about 10 at a time. I go through 10 cards, get most of them wrong, then change my selection criteria so that only these cards appear until I get them back up to a score of 100 points. I do this again and again and, obviously, start to get cards right, which pushes their score up above 100 points. So I'm alternating between using a maximum score of 100 and using one that is slightly lower and, thus, I'm changing the maximum score criteria fairly frequently.

After doing this for months I realized that if I started with a score of, say, 5, and set Pleco to only reduce the score by 1 when I get a card wrong, I could press a few less keys (1 or 2) each time I set my maximum score criteria. As I do this over and over, that would be beneficial.

But if that's not an option, I can simply 'batch change' the score from 100 to 5 after I add the cards...

Thanks for your quick response, Mike!