New user here

x1ofdewm

Oh hi, I just purchased the Pleco Flashcard System, it seems great but it has so much more settings than I thought it would have and I don't know exactly how to configure it to be optional for me. I've read a little bit on these forums but I thought that maybe I could just make a new thread...

Up to 3 months ago or so, I only used "IRL-Flashcards", made them myself etc, back then I used to have my own way of how to mix them to only review the cards I wanted to review.

After that I've been using the free version of Pleco but today I just bought the Flashcard System. What I want is probably(hopefully) pretty simple for those of you who have used this for a while:

If I understand Pleco right, all my flashcards have some kind of statistics of how many times I've hit Correct or Incorrect. I simply want the ones with the worst statistics to show up. Then optional would be if it shows up less and less the more times IN A ROW that I hit the Correct button for that card. I thought this was what "SRS" stands for. I could use the 1-6 grade(how good you know the flashcard in question) thing if that is better(what do you guys think?) or I could just use the Correct/Incorrect system as in the free version of Pleco.

The option that makes me repeat all the incorrect flashcards once the session is over is a good thing, but I just wouldn't want all my incorrect ones come in one row at the end, I would want to mix in some other cards in there that also has bad statistics and then pretty much go on and on for as long as I want to.

I've been trying to change some settings but as I said there are a lot more settings than I thought it would be.

Jia you, pengyoumen...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If I understand Pleco right, all my flashcards have some kind of statistics of how many times I've hit Correct or Incorrect. I simply want the ones with the worst statistics to show up. Then optional would be if it shows up less and less the more times IN A ROW that I hit the Correct button for that card. I thought this was what "SRS" stands for. I could use the 1-6 grade(how good you know the flashcard in question) thing if that is better(what do you guys think?) or I could just use the Correct/Incorrect system as in the free version of Pleco.
Try choosing the "Weighted" profile (choose it from the "Profile" menu in the main Review Flashcards screen) - that will let you review continuously but show the cards with the worst statistics more often. (it's actually going to be replaced by a slightly different system in a future version of Pleco, but it's the closest thing we have to what you're looking for for now)
Alternatively, you could just use a "Card filter" to review cards that have recently been answered incorrectly some number of times in a row.