No scores are imported when importing flashcard backup

Hey everyone,

basically I had to hard reset my ipaq yesterday and thus had to reinstall pleco. Now regarding my flashcards that should not have been a problem, as I regularly backup the database. So I imported my backup and it worked fine. The flashcards have all the stats imported correclty. The only thing is that they all have a score of 100. I am not sure why this is the case actually, as in the score xml file all the cards do have scores. SO is there any way to fix this or am I just doing something wrong. At least if I know review a few cards so that their score changes and then backup to an xml file and import this file the scores are imported too.

Thanks for the help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sounds like the scores are getting imported to a different scorefile (did you rename it at some point?) - go into Advanced Settings / Scoring and see if you can select the correct scorefile from the popup list.

When I first imported the flash cards I just had one scorefile named "default". After that I deleted all cards again and imported them again, however before that I created a score file that had the same name as the score file in the xml file. However after importing the flashcards the scores still had not been imported.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... could you send me a copy of the XML file? Perhaps there's something going wrong with the export.

I am having the same problem now again. My PDA crashed yesterday, had to set it up again and reinstall pleco. I tried to import my backup file and it worked fine, except for the scores which are just not imported, although they are included in the backup file. I really do not know what to do now. All i have is my backup file and if I do not get the scores imported somehow, I will lose months of work.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I've just sent you a flashcard database file with the scores correctly imported based on the XML file you sent; if anyone else finds themselves dealing with this bug, just email your XML export file to support@pleco.com and we'll be happy to do likewise for you.

In the future, though, a better way to back up your flashcards would be to exit Pleco completely (choose "Quit" from the "Dict" menu), then back up the "\\My Documents\Pleco Flashcards.pqb" file (your actual flashcard database) instead of exporting your cards to XML - that'll ensure that everything is totally restored, not just your cards and scores but your profile settings as well.