OCR Capture post to Clipboard?

Not sure if this is intuitive or not.

I was expecting my OCR captured text to automatically show up in my clipboard history. (It didn't.) Then I re-OCR'd re-captured and copy & pasted into the clipboard.

I'm not sure if its because the OCR capture and clipboard screens look almost identical that I thought they would have some sort of interaction, but it didn't work the way I assumed.

Am I using it wrong? Or a setting I'm missing?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We don’t save those at the moment; the theory there is that that’s covered by your recent image file history and you can get that text back from the original image any time.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
TBH I'm always a little wary of saving data people don't necessarily expect us to be saving - we've already had some people quite upset about the existing clipboard reader history feature, I wouldn't want to add another form of history saving without people opting in.

Can consider adding an off-by-default option for this in a future release though.

But why not just tap on the 'save' icon at the top of the OCR'ed text to save it?

Yeah, I get that. There also can be a lot of misfires with OCR, wouldn't make a lot of sense to be saving all that for no good reason.

But why not just tap on the 'save' icon at the top of the OCR'ed text to save it?
I was just thinking that I don't really want to save it save it, I just wanted access to it like in clipboard history. This is not really a pressing matter though, obviously.

Last edited: