Option for more compact dictionary entry listing

Alexis

状元
Just a feature suggestion:

Would it be possible to add an option to make the dictionary listing more compact?

Currently it displays like this:

你好
ni hao
INTJ. How are you?; Hello.

But it would be nice to optionally tighten up the white space in order to see more entries (perhaps just replacing the Newline/Return with a double-space.

你好 ni hao : INTJ. How are you?; Hello.

I would find this especially valuable for things like the Radical Dictionary, where I usually don't know the name of the radical, can't write it, and need to find it by scrolling through the list of entries.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
Would it be possible to add an option to make the dictionary listing more compact?

Already an option - Settings / Dictionary / Main Screen Interface / Entry List / Chinese-English / Portrait orientation / List layout - you can organize it however you want.

Alexis

状元
Thanks Mike! That is perfect.

Funny thing is that I had made it to the screen before (which means the menu navigation is well-designed), but didn't change any settings because I didn't realize that the "/" indicated a line break. Next time I'll make sure to play around with the options.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Alexis said:
Funny thing is that I had made it to the screen before (which means the menu navigation is well-designed), but didn't change any settings because I didn't realize that the "/" indicated a line break. Next time I'll make sure to play around with the options.

Yeah, the / isn't ideal but the carriage return character is so rarely used in text that we were worried people would think its presence was a bug; also since it's less standard than / there's the possibility that a manufacturer custom font might screw things up with it.