Palm -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,

I'm sure you've answered this before, but I can't remember the answer and a quick search didn't find it so I thought I'd just ask you.

I just purchased a new iPhone4 (from Canada because it was unlocked!). When I re-synced it with my computer Pleco didn't come over. So I went to Apps and downloaded the free version. It knew that I had purchased Stroke Order Diagrams and OCR, but didn't recognize that I had purchased almost everything else there is to purchase. I re-synced. Same thing. So I went to Settings and cleared the registration data and entered the registration data from my (jail broken) iPhone 3GS (4.0.1). Now it sees everything that I had purchased on my Palm, but it doesn't see that I have purchased Stroke Order Diagrams and OCR.

I pushed the "Restore iTunes Purchases" button and entered my iTunes password but it doesn't activate Stroke Order Diagrams and OCR.

(My flashcards are all there, no problem. They must have come over when I re-synced after I downloaded the free version.)

Any suggestions?

John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What exactly happens after you restore purchases? Do you get a prompt that no purchases were found or is there no error message at all? It might be that your phone is having trouble connecting to iTunes, in which case it wouldn't be able to restore or activate anything until that was fixed. And are you sure that the email address in the restore purchases password sign-in prompt matches the email you used for those stroke order / OCR add-on purchases?

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,

I click on "Restore iTunes Purchases" and it asks for my password. I put it in and the gear spins for a while. And that's it. It doesn't active the purchases. I'm on the tab that says "Paid" and the heading is "Downloaded But Not Purchased" and it lists Optical Character Recognizer and Stroke Order Diagrams and has a dollar sign next to each of them so that I can purchase them.

No error message. I only have one email address and only one password for iTunes. My password works fine and it's the only email address that I have.

If there's no obvious problem, I'll just purchase them again and you can consider it a Christmas present. I get far more value from Pleco than what I paid.

John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually it looks like Apple's system for restoring in-app purchases is down this weekend - lots of other reports of this problem and we haven't seen a single successful in-app purchase in our system in the last day-and-a-half. Not just in Pleco, either, there are a few other reports of it in developer forums and I just tried restoring purchases in another app without success...

Anyway, if they don't fix this in the next day or so send me an email with your new iPhone's UDID and I'll fix it for you manually.

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,

I'm heading for China today, so I decided to just repurchase the stroke order diagram and the OCR (after trying again to get them restored). So I clicked on the $ sign, confirmed that I wanted to purchase, entered my password in iTunes, etc. and then iTunes said that I had already purchased them and restored them without any additional payment. So it worked, just not quite the way I thought it would.

John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, that would work too, but I'm hesitant to recommend it since you have no way to be certain the system remembers your purchase / isn't going to charge you again before you tap on the button to confirm you want to buy. Anyway "restore purchases" seems to be working again now thankfully.