PALM TX : SELF-RESET / KEYFILE UNABLE TO UNLOCK.

SONG LI

1)MY PALM TX OFTEN RESETS ITSELF , WHEN I TAP A CHARACTER ON THE SCREEN.
2) THE KEYFILE NEEDED TO UNLOCK THE PLECO STROKE ORDER DAT. WORKS ONLY ONE TIME, AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE KEYFILE BY THE PC TO THE PALM .
THE FOLLOWING TIME I TURN ON THE PALM , THE PLECO STROKE ORDER DAT. DISAPPEAR IN THE COMPONED PURCHASED , AND APPEARS IN THE DEMO COMPONENTS , AND THEREFORE I NEED TO RE-INSTALL THE KEYFILE BY THE PC TO THE PALM.
3)THE CHARACTERS ARE TOO SMALL; HOW TO SWITCH THE TEXT SIZE?

Hi Song Li,

which version of PlecoDict beta do you use? I assume PD2b2 (=PlecoDict 2.0 beta 2) here... I also use PD2b2 on a TX -- with the "European" PalmOS 5.4.9 (multi-language) in my case. However, while I see once in a while a soft reset, so far it is bearable. What kind of PalmOS do you have on your TX and which applications or extensions do you have installed?

As for the character size: please open the preferences dialog in PD2 and go to the "Display" screen. Check there as required:
  • Use large font in definition
  • Use large font in Entry List
Do not forget to restart PD, as the changes currently do not become effective until you exit and restart PD.

@Mike: arrgh ... :shock: while I looked at my Garnet version I just realized that PD2 beta 2 identifies itself as v.2.0b1 in the Info dialog of Palm's "Applications" application (sorry if I got the name wrong, I use the German localization over here; still sticking to my mother tongue albeit at work I nearly produce 100% of my documents in English, slowly killing your language :mrgreen:). And yes, I have installed PD beta 2, as the About dialog clearly states.

PS: Song Li, please check your caps lock key :wink:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) This most likely means that either the stroke order database isn't installed correctly or the character info database isn't installed correctly. Try reinstalling both of them, and if that doesn't help, go into Preferences, Search Navigation and set Defn Tap Action to None to avoid the crashes at least.

2) Might be a preferences issue; try deleting them using a registry editor. Also try unlocking the software, immediately exiting it using the Quit command in the Dict menu, soft resetting, and launching again - does that help at all?

3) Yes, those can be changed in the Display preferences panel, though on Pocket PC they're popup number lists instead of checkboxes.

haraldalbrecht - yep, small oversight there, but the About box lists the correct version.