pinyin and defn not showing sometimes

lpayzant

I'm having a problem with flash cards. On the "Test" tab I have Test: Definition checked, and Show: Characters, Pinyin and Definition all checked.

During a flash card session, sometimes PlecoDict will not show the pinyin and definition. Just the character is shown. This happens in the middle of a flash card session. For example, for a few words, all 3 (character, pinyin, definition) will be shown, then just the character will be shown on the next word, then it will go back to all 3 for a while, then just the character, and so on.

I am running this on a Dell Axim X50v with the Japanese version of Windows CE V 4.21.

Any thoughts?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
These are probably just some blank flashcard entries created during the import - switch into your user dictionary ('USR' on the icon) and you can delete or fill in the missing parts of them.

lpayzant

Hi, Mike
I copied my Flashcards and a User Dictionary from another Axim which I was using previously. I put the User Dictionary and my Flashcards in the same location: My Documents in main memory. PlecoDict is accesssing the Flashcards successfully but does not seem to know about the User Dictionary. If I try to switch to USR nothing happens - it just stays in OX. I noticed that when I go into Edit Lists, some of the entries in the flashcards are blank. Also, when the flashcard session comes to these entries, I get the message "Sorry, the dictionary associated with this entry no longer appears to be available."
Thanks,
Linda

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sounds like the user dictionary was corrupted somehow - did you make sure to exit Pleco completely (choose Quit from the Dict menu) on your old Pocket PC before copying the file over?

I'm not sure why those entries would be coming up blank if they aren't user dictionary entries - if you go to the Card Info screen for those same cards, does the definition display correctly in there?

lpayzant

Hi:
That problem is fixed now. I went back to the other Axim, got the User Dictionary again, and copied it to the new Axim. Now, the User Dictionary function is ok.
Thank you very much.
-Linda