Please, better clarification of installation options

It has taken me more than a week to discover that my installation was incomplete. Apparently, I didn't include the 21st Century English-Chinese dictionary.

Two bits of information would be of great help.

1. A list of all the dictionary Icons that Plect 2.0 uses. Going to 'About Pleco' and working through the copyright listings is a bit confusing.

2. A list that correlated the installation files to their particular dictionary. So that one can manage deletions and additions as they prefer.

In my case, I am trying to hang on to my 1/2 Gbyte SDcard, while Pleco recommends a 1Gbyte SDcard. I do realize that part of Pleco's recommendation is due to a lot of free extra files. And with all the choices of features and dictionaries, it is really hard to simply list a minimum, a maximum, and a few stops in between. So, it would be nice to have clearer information on what each file is and how necessary. Palm doesn't help as they seem to have their own way of listing installed files and deletion choices.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) For the basic seven:

Red OX: Oxford C-E/E-C
Green ABC; ABC Dictionary
Blue NWP: NWP Dictionary
Blue CT: Cheng & Tsui Business
Yellow GF: Guifan Cidian
Gray 21C: 21st Century
Red TL: Tuttle Learner's

Free ones:
Blue USR: user-created dictionary
Green ADS: Adsotrans dictionary
Black HDD/DHD: HanDeDict/DeHanDict
Purple CC: CC-CEDICT
Yellow LDC: LDC Wordlist

2) p2abc - ABC
p2ctbiz - Cheng & Tsui Business
p2gfcd - Guifan Cidian
p2nwp - NWP
p2oxce - Oxford C-E
p2oxce - Oxford E-C
p2tuttle - Tuttle Learner's
p221cn - 21st Century

p2adso - Adsotrans
p2handedict/p2dehandict - HanDeDict/DeHanDict
p2ldc - LDC Wordlist
p2cedict - CC-CEDICT

Alexis

状元
Might be simplest for pleco to compare data files present with the license key. If there are missing files Pleco could issue a warning.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges - what do you mean by #1 and #2? The first list is of icons and the second list is of file names, per the two parts of the original request.

Alexis - That warning is already in there, actually, but it's kind of buggy and we're taking it out in 2.0.1 - along with the bugs, we've found a lot of people deliberately choose not to install features which were included in their purchase (due to a lack of interest, or low disk space), see that warning and then either forget that they chose not to install those features or worry that something else has gone wrong.