Please Help! Pleco's flashcard system has me completely confused

CalebLA

秀才
I just switched to Pleco flashcards from Anki due to the convenience of adding new words to study.

Yet, I must be doing something wrong when using the SRS system.

In Anki, It would give me the three categories of "New," "Learning," and "Review."

When learning a new word, each word would go from the "New" to "Learning" section. You would also answer the "Review" cards.
Generally, Anki's study sessions would be about 40-60 flashcards long, with ten new cards a day.

However, when using Pleco, I start a new test, and after going through the ten new words, it stops and says that my studying is done for the day.

How can I configure the Pleco flashcards so that I can go from 'New' to 'Learning' and then 'Review' like Anki?

Is there a simple explanation and setting? Also, I saw this forum post: https://plecoforums.com/threads/how-to-learn-in-batches-with-srs.4413/page-3 but it went entirely over my head.

Please help!

Thank you,

Caleb

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Does it also show you an option to continue reviewing cards that aren't due yet? If you say 'yes' to that it will keep cycling through those 10 new cards it just added (and of course draw from a larger pool on future days). You can also increase the new cards per day limit in New Test / Card Selection, but we're deliberately somewhat pushy about not introducing too may new cards at once since we don't want to overwhelm people with a lot of words they won't remember the next day.

CalebLA

秀才
Correct, it shows me the option to review cards that are not due yet.

Thanks for the clarification!

Caleb