Pleco 2.0 Feature Complete Date?

thph2006

进士
Is there an estimated timeframe for a feature complete (and at least relatively stable) release of PlecoDict 2.0 for WM6?

Thanks, Tom

ipsi

状元
Not at this stage, to the best of my knowledge. Beta 3 should have most features, and should be kinda stable, but they're doing a number of re-writes for it, and thus these changed things are likely to feature new bugs. Last I heard, it was slated for before Christmas, but whether that was 2007 Christmas or 2008 Christmas, I'm not sure :D.

I don't recall having heard Mike discuss anything about later versions.

So yeah. I think that's where Pleco 2.0 is.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Beta 3 should be feature-complete, yes, and we are indeed aiming to have it ready by Christmas 2007. And we're pretty firm on that, we really want to have the finished version out very early in 2008 so we can still have a decent shot at getting beta versions of one or two new platform ports out before the Olympics - this may mean bumping some significant features to later releases, but we really need to get a finished product out there ASAP regardless of who we have to disappoint.

ipsi

状元
Woo. Glad to see that it's coming out soon. I'm a bit sad that certain cool features may get shunted, but there's not much I can do about that (new features mean more to me than new platforms, given the cost and availability over here).

I guess we can expect the finished version by February or so? As that would mean you could take a good look at the iPhone. And give you 6 months or so to get a good beta version out for new platform x. And the desktop version :).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hopefully not too many missing features, and the ones that do go away should be well enough along that they'll likely still be in 2.1. (at whatever completely-unspecified point in the future that's released) And sometime around February for the finished version sounds reasonable but I'm not going to predict anything at this point.