Pleco continually asks for Itunes sign in

Judy

秀才
After using Pleco for about ten years -- first on Palm, then IPod Touch -- I acquired an IPhone for the first time. I managed to transfer all of my Pleco files, but a strange bug has arisen: every time I open Pleco (even just awakening the IPhone from sleep, with Pleco already open), it demands my ITunes login and password. If I press cancel, it goes away, but then appears the next time Pleco awakens. This never happened on the IPod Touch, and all of my settings are the same. How can I make it stop doing this?
TIA for any help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Judy said:
After using Pleco for about ten years -- first on Palm, then IPod Touch -- I acquired an IPhone for the first time. I managed to transfer all of my Pleco files, but a strange bug has arisen: every time I open Pleco (even just awakening the IPhone from sleep, with Pleco already open), it demands my ITunes login and password. If I press cancel, it goes away, but then appears the next time Pleco awakens. This never happened on the IPod Touch, and all of my settings are the same. How can I make it stop doing this?
TIA for any help.

Log in instead of tapping cancel; if you do that a few times it should eventually stick. Basically, iTunes has gotten confused and thinks that you've purchased something that you haven't received yet, and thanks to Apple's occasionally-wacky security protocols, it can't actually ask our app about that until you log in. But once you log in, iTunes asks our app about the purchase, our app tells iTunes you've already received it, and iTunes (hopefully) notes this fact and stops bugging you.