Pleco for Android 2.4.11 Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Fixes on our fixes, but we try to do stuff like this quickly since perhaps the one thing that customers are least willing to forgive is when an update makes things worse.

alex_hk90

状元
Thank you again - very impressed with the speed of this update! I can confirm that the user dictionary results list newline stripping issue is now fixed. :)

HW60

状元
Not a real problem, but I think in version 2.4.9 Pleco remembered the profile used last, now it has changed, but I have not found a system.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not a real problem, but I think in version 2.4.9 Pleco remembered the profile used last, now it has changed, but I have not found a system.

Seems to be working OK here - does it reset to your first profile, or is it stuck on some other one?

HW60

状元
It is not the first profile, but some other one - I have not found a rule for the one chosen. I will make a test and report afterwards.

sahal

秀才
There seems to be a problem with adding flashcards from dictionary entries that have the same characters, but are different in pronunciation - if that difference only is that the second entry has fifth tone where the first entry has an actual tone.

Example: According to both Guifan and PLC, 本事 ben3shi4 and 本事 ben3shi5 do mean rather different things. If I add the first to my flashcards and then try to add the second, I get informed that the second entry already exists in the flashcard database - although this is not really the case.

I see how this might be useful in certain cases, but I think it would be even more useful to be informed what actual entries are regarded as being duplicates of the card I am trying to add. E.g. something like "You've already created a flashcard for 本事 ben3shi5 / skill, ability" rather than "You've already created a flashcard for this word".

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you tap on "Card Info" in the duplicate prompt, you can get that information that way - we made the decision not to show it in the prompt itself since it felt like kind of an information overload between that and the various buttons.

HW60

状元
Seems to be working OK here - does it reset to your first profile, or is it stuck on some other one?

I could not reproduce it during the last days - maybe I got confused by my increase of profiles and my change of system, using Gato's score filter, but repetition-spaced card selection.