Pleco Registration and ROM Flashing

I'm own an AT&T SG2 and since the ICS roms and kernel source for the international SG2 were released I've been playing around with flashing the various ICS ROMS available to find one I like.

One thing I've noticed is so far there hasn't been any issue so far with re-registering Pleco after flashing, although it has told me the registration doesn't match the current ID and needs to re-register to use the features I've purchased, it did go through without any problems.

I'm curious is there's anything I can do while flashing to avoid either having to re-register the software everytime, or at the very least, to make sure the Pleco registration servers don't believe I've installed the software on 15 different devices, If your registration code already gracefully takes care of this then fantastic.

(I've currently installed it on two actual devices, my phone and my tablet; but have registered it several times on my phone: once in GB, and 3-4 times on the various ICS roms I've been running.)

Thanks,
Jason

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mitchej123 said:
I'm curious is there's anything I can do while flashing to avoid either having to re-register the software everytime, or at the very least, to make sure the Pleco registration servers don't believe I've installed the software on 15 different devices, If your registration code already gracefully takes care of this then fantastic.

It should gracefully take care of this, yes. Depending on how thoroughly the device's memory is wiped after the re-flash, it may even be able to detect that this is the same device you installed on previously and push unlock information for your last few hardware IDs too (so that in case you're switching between ROMs a lot, it won't need to contact the server again if you go back to a ROM you used previously). That's mainly designed for people with buggy ROMs that cause the ID to change when they simply turn WiFi on or off, but it can help with reflashing too in some cases.

We've been experimenting with some non-hardware-dependent activation options that we may be able to migrate to in a future update (we're being forced to do that on iOS now that Apple's cut off access to UDIDs), but it remains to be seen whether we can make those secure enough to actually adopt them.