Problem updating to 2.0.1

Petter

Hello!

First off I want to say that Pleco is a splendid piece of software which has helped me a lot. Thank you!

I'm trying to update from 2.0 to 2.0.1. I follow the instructions to step 6, but in the "Choose Components" screen there is no "Update Pleco" checkbox. From the instructions I get the impression that it should be. My handheld is an Hp ipaq114 running WM6. I have the basic bundle of Pleco.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd... try the newly-released 2.0.2 update, does that give you an "Update Pleco" box? (we fixed a minor bug in the installer that in some rare circumstances could actually have caused the "Update Pleco" line to disappear, though we thought it only affected Windows Mobile 2003 devices)

Petter

I tried 2.0.2 and got the same result (I'm using Win XP and ActiveSync 4.5 btw). I accidentally started the install anyway, pressed cancel and broke Pleco :(. But after that I used the installer to first uninstall and then reinstall Pleco. It now seems to work flawlessly and it is running 2.0.2. I didn't even have to reactivate it with the keyfile. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Great! We store registration data and flashcards in places that aren't affected by the uninstaller, in large part to make that sort of reinstallation easy - unless you move files around there isn't really any user-created / user-specific data that's deleted by an uninstall.