pronunciation errors

JENGY

I originally bought Pleco in the Summer of 2010. I was happy with the pronunciations. (mei3guo2 was pronounced correctly; shui3li3 was also pronounced correctly becoming shui2li3 when said. all 3/2 and 3/3 words were said correctly)

This summer I bought a new Ipod touch and reinstalled Pleco on it. Now the pronunciations are way off. Mei3 guo2 has each syllable said separately and as a 3/2 same with all 3/3 combos.... both words are said separately as 3/3 instead of 2/3. Is this clear?

What is wrong? I don't like this at all as it really doesn't give you the accurate pronunciation. I want the older pronunciations back; is it possible to change this on my ipod?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JENGY said:
I originally bought Pleco in the Summer of 2010. I was happy with the pronunciations. (mei3guo2 was pronounced correctly; shui3li3 was also pronounced correctly becoming shui2li3 when said. all 3/2 and 3/3 words were said correctly)

This summer I bought a new Ipod touch and reinstalled Pleco on it. Now the pronunciations are way off. Mei3 guo2 has each syllable said separately and as a 3/2 same with all 3/3 combos.... both words are said separately as 3/3 instead of 2/3. Is this clear?

What is wrong? I don't like this at all as it really doesn't give you the accurate pronunciation. I want the older pronunciations back; is it possible to change this on my ipod?

It sounds like you're missing the "Extended Audio" files; you can download them from the "Paid" section of the "Add-ons" tab (should be listed under "Purchased but not downloaded."