putting words into categories

gweipo

秀才
Hi
I love the new pleco, I'm just a little baffled about putting words into new categories. Previously you had 2 screens and you could shift things from one list to another. Now if you select "all" you get a list which is in ??? what order? (I have over 8000 flashcards) I just want to categorise the words in my new text book into a separate category, is there no easy way of doing this?
Your examples in your manual are all nice and well when you've got 5 entries and you're playing around with food, but not so much fun when it doesn't all fit on one screen...
What I've done now is to choose my new category as 'default' and then look each word up and tap on the + to add it, I'm assuming that even if it says 'duplicate' it's putting it into this new category?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can tap on the Settings button to configure what sort order flashcards will come up in - lots of options available, created date, score, # of times reviewed, etc.

As far as how to categorize cards, you just highlight a card and tap on the leftmost icon in the toolbar below the card list (little tag with a green plus icon on it) to add it to the selected category. It's actually pretty much the same idea as the two lists in 1.0, the only difference is that now we only show you cards from the lefthand list (which lets you see a lot more of the cards in the list you're moving them from - can clearly see both Pinyin and characters now, while before you could usually only see the characters); you select which list (now "category") you're moving the cards into from the popup list in that toolbar, and tap on the green plus icon to move cards into it.