Request: disable auto-off

LantauMan

进士
My most desired request for a new feature: option to disable auto-off when in the main Dictionary mode. Currently you have this option only for the reader.

I've set my phone's global settings to auto-off in 30 seconds, to preserve its pathetic battery life and, sadly, I need to have a security pattern to access it after the screen turns off. Thus, in the middle of a conversation or lesson, it's a constant irritation to have to almost continually click, then swipe (and swipe again, since the first one almost never works) to reactivate the screen to access Pleco for yet another vital (or, more likely, stupidly forgotten) word.

If this option is already there, I can't find it in the forest of option menus.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
LantauMan said:
My most desired request for a new feature: option to disable auto-off when in the main Dictionary mode. Currently you have this option only for the reader.

I've set my phone's global settings to auto-off in 30 seconds, to preserve its pathetic battery life and, sadly, I need to have a security pattern to access it after the screen turns off. Thus, in the middle of a conversation or lesson, it's a constant irritation to have to almost continually click, then swipe (and swipe again, since the first one almost never works) to reactivate the screen to access Pleco for yet another vital (or, more likely, stupidly forgotten) word.

Makes sense - we'll look at getting that added in a future update. (but if you wonder why there's such a "forest," this is why...)