Revamped Website Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Post any issues with the revamped store / My Orders / download pages / etc here. Feedback on typos / confusing bits of text / etc is welcome too, with this much new content there are bound to be a few mistakes somewhere.

Alexis

状元
The main page of the website does not seem to render properly. It looks very odd to say the least. I've emailed you a screenshot. Looks the same on IE and Firefox.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Already responded by e-mail, but for anyone else with this problem: just hit Reload and it should then come up correctly. (I'll add a note about that to the front page, while I dig around to figure out a way to force it automatically)

If you put a timestamp on the page, then browsers can figure out if they need to refresh their cache automatically. I forget the technical term, but shouldn't be too hard to find it.

By the way, this strategy also allows local browsers to cache more intelligently, and actually will speed things up. Should work well with a site with many static pages.

This section should be under general. Perhaps move it there after your first rush of customers? Personally, I'd put it there now with a locked sticky in each forum for a while directing people's comments to it.

Second, the hardware section could be renamed to "Hardware to run Pleco", if that's your purpose. I would move it up to the top. It seems to be one of the hottest general topics other than "How do I...?" (That could be a section in each forum too)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The problem with those timestamps is that the browser doesn't even see them if it's loading the page from cache (since it doesn't bother asking the server if the page has been updated) - it's something we should add for the future (so the page will reload the next time we update it), but it won't help in this case because the old page didn't have a time stamp on it.

Good point about the hardware forums. Not sure about moving this thread since it mostly concerns 2.0 activation / ordering (at least that's what I imagined it would).

thph2006

进士
Documentation in PDF format

Would it be possible to make the documentation also available as a PDF file? It would be much easier (at least for me) to use in that format.

thanks, tom

Feel free to move this post if in the wrong place.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Possible, but tricky since it would require reformatting all of those files to look good when printed - I guess we could just go through and print all of those pages to PDFs from a web browser, but since we're still revising / refining the manuals a bit I'd rather not do that until they're feeling pretty solid and finalized (don't want to have people using an out-of-date version and it's too much trouble to be constantly updating the PDF).

cming

秀才
During order - change address function I think,

Order #19898
Error - Access denied!
You are not allowed to access that resource!
Error ID: 36

I've attached a copy of screenshot when the error occured.

I was able to get the order processed, and download the keyfile, but wasn't able to update the address.

IE 6.0.2800.1106

Attachments

• Error_ID_36.jpg
    Error_ID_36.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,013

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks! We fixed that Thursday, actually - took the store offline for an hour or so and found/patched the bug.

mfcb

状元
there seems to be a "sort" problem in the "pleco 2.0 beta" thread (at least). the threads are not sorted by date of last message (the shared thread "new features" is the ~10th thread, where it should be the 1st or 2nd)

ldolse

状元
Minor issue with Opera Mobile - for some reason you can't download the license key file. It saves some 40 some byte file instead of the proper ~600 byte file when one attempts to download it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
mfcb - That's because some threads are "sticky" = always on top, I think. (set that way deliberately since they're busy / high-priority)

ldolse - didn't know about that, we'll take a look.