Save Flashcard Session (HTC)

Hello there.

I'm using an HTC phone with Sense UI. The current version features a new lockscreen from which you can directly access a selected few programs by pulling the icons directly into the lockscreen. When I'm doing a flashcard test I sometimes put the phone down to do something else, the display times out and locks itself. When I re-activate the phone I pull Pleco directly into the aforementioned ring and get to the main menu. Now when I go into the Flashcards menu and want to continue my session, I don't have the option to do so, the session has not been saved. I can bypass this by unlocking the screen normally, then I'm directly back with my session. It's no problem at all, but it confused me in the beginning and I thought I'd bring it up, just in case somebody else encounters the same thing.

I probably still would be a good idea to automatically save the session, so you wouldn't even have to ask the user if he wants to save it. This way when he wants to start a flashcard session the next time he either resumes or cancels it.

Bye, Michael.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
I'm using an HTC phone with Sense UI. The current version features a new lockscreen from which you can directly access a selected few programs by pulling the icons directly into the lockscreen. When I'm doing a flashcard test I sometimes put the phone down to do something else, the display times out and locks itself. When I re-activate the phone I pull Pleco directly into the aforementioned ring and get to the main menu. Now when I go into the Flashcards menu and want to continue my session, I don't have the option to do so, the session has not been saved. I can bypass this by unlocking the screen normally, then I'm directly back with my session. It's no problem at all, but it confused me in the beginning and I thought I'd bring it up, just in case somebody else encounters the same thing.

I probably still would be a good idea to automatically save the session, so you wouldn't even have to ask the user if he wants to save it. This way when he wants to start a flashcard session the next time he either resumes or cancels it.

We actually do do that, or at least we have code in place to do it - it seems like Sense may be doing its app-switching in a way that fails to call the methods it's supposed to call, so our code is never informed that it ought to save the session in case of termination. What model of HTC are you using, and which version of its firmware?

I'm using an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5., Sense 3.0 and the version is 2.10.401.8. I have neither rooted nor flashed it with a custom rom.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
I'm using an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5., Sense 3.0 and the version is 2.10.401.8. I have neither rooted nor flashed it with a custom rom.

OK, we'll try to get to the bottom of this for 2.3.8 - thanks!