Screen OCR + Screen Reader

Bobby

thanks OCR bundle downloaded and bought it as well.

with new update it does not create the shortcut button to on/off screen reader , tried several times but icon does not appear , what could be wrong ?

i am using vivo x7 plus funtouch os

REGARDS

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Newer versions of Android have screwed up the process of generating shortcuts within our app; if you add it from your app launcher instead it should work better (there should be a command to create shortcuts). We also have Quick Settings Tiles now for Android 7+.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm not up-to-date on the current design of Vivo's app launcher, unfortunately. Quick Settings Tiles at least can be accessed from the notification shade, assuming they haven't reskinned that away entirely.

We also offer a persistent notification option (Settings / External Access) which would give you another easy way to toggle it.

Bobby

Since yesterday the screen reader toggle button and option in main app both disappeared, is it only me or App has removed the option forever.?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We have't removed it, no. So there's no more 'Screen Reader' option in the sidebar menu at all? Very odd - does it help if you reset Pleco's settings? Are you maybe using a very old version of Android or a very old version of Pleco?

olalonde

I tried installing the old APK but getting the following error message on my Xiaomi Mix Note (MIUI): "Can't downgrade apps". Is there any way around this? I guess I could uninstall the current Wechat but I'd like to avoid losing all those precious stickers :D

Bobby

today Suddenly the OCR floating button disappear , normally where was two buttons one for OCR and one for Screen Reader , Screen reader is still there but OCR no more , it is just me or anyone else also have this problem . Btw , i have bought the OCR in FEB 2018.
Any guide would be helpful.

Attachments

• pleco.screenshot.jpg
    pleco.screenshot.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 488

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually it looks like the Screen Reader button disappeared, not Screen OCR. If you long-press the floating button, is there an option to show it again?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, as far as I know it's no longer possible to keep that dialog from coming up every time. (but you could certainly write to Google or your phone maker to complain about that)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - will see if we can get this one working for us too (though I'm a little wary that it might actually make things worse on some of the Chinese Android forks, which tend to police this stuff even more than Google does).

Thanks - will see if we can get this one working for us too (though I'm a little wary that it might actually make things worse on some of the Chinese Android forks, which tend to police this stuff even more than Google does).

Hi mike, I found out that if you enable PROJECT_MEDIA permission, that warning message doesn't show up anymore, please consider adding it.
phone: Pixel 3 Android 10

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That doesn't seem to be a permission that apps can request in their manifest, as far as I can tell. It does seem to be a permission you can manually grant through ADB, haven't tested it but research suggests that running:

cmd appops set com.pleco.chinesesystem PROJECT_MEDIA allow

in the ADB shell on your device would get rid of the permission dialogs.

That doesn't seem to be a permission that apps can request in their manifest, as far as I can tell. It does seem to be a permission you can manually grant through ADB, haven't tested it but research suggests that running:

cmd appops set com.pleco.chinesesystem PROJECT_MEDIA allow

in the ADB shell on your device would get rid of the permission dialogs.

I didn't use this exact step but yes I did manually grant the permission