Searching user dictionaries

dachater

Is it possible to use wildcard search in English for a user dictionary. It seems that I can only search for entries by entering the whole English word. If I enter part of an English word the search defaults to the NWP dict.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Should be, but only if you fill in the word to the end - we're still trying to balance the weights of E-C searches between user and non-user dictionaries, so right now if it thinks it finds a better match in another dictionary it'll switch to that (unless you configure the preferences to only search in the current dictionary).

sinoreen

举人
mikelove said:
we're still trying to balance the weights of E-C searches between user and non-user dictionaries, so right now if it thinks it finds a better match in another dictionary it'll switch to that (unless you configure the preferences to only search in the current dictionary).

I don't really understand what you mean by balancing the weights. I always work with the "search in the current dictionary" option DISABLED, but then when I am searching im my User Dict, it always switches to other dicts, unless i input almost the complete headword. Even when I enter the first character of an entry which I know exists in my user dict and then (after Pleco unfortunately changed the dict) continuously tap the toggle dict button it seems to just skip the user dict's entry. Why did that problem not exist in Pleco1? Why is that and are you working on it?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's a bug and it's being worked on - if that makes 2.0 unusable for you then perhaps you should go back to using 1.0 until it's fixed.